Sunday, October 31, 2010

November's Dare: Completion!

One of the themes that showed up regularly in the suggestions is this: "Easy Gift Ideas."  Now, I think I am a terrible person, but I NEVER (well almost never) make gifts.  I think this is mostly because of the deadline issues.....which I am not good at.    Of course, I wasn't sure that "Easy Gift Ideas" matched really well with the kinds of things I am trying to use for the Dare....not quite open-ended enough, and yet also a little too "specific."  Except that people wanted to do it.... 

So, the challenge for this month is two-fold.  The first required part: You must finish SOMETHING.  I don't care what it is, or how long it took you but you must have something to show for yourself by the first Monday of December.  You should also post a blog post about it.  (And I am giving you all the eye....look over at the Labels list on the side....I know you can see that ALL, well most, of the posts are tagged by me.  Will it help if I ask nicely?  Please will you post your projects?  Pretty Please? heheheh)
The second required part is that you identify, whether online or from your own brain at least one (but perhaps hundreds) project that is easily "completed."  We are looking for those projects that can help you feel accomplished on a day when nothing seems going right.  Projects that give lots of bang for your buck but that won't sit on the work table forever.

When you link to projects, please be sure to give credit to the actual designer (especially if it is YOU!) and if you try it, show us pics of yours.  You don't have to try all of the ideas you post (although ideally it should be a great item to be completed), just share some of the fun things you can find out there!

For the December meeting we will practice with zippers.  (Everyone sounded like that might be a good skill to review/learn.)  If you have zippers, bring them, if not we will try to have some available.  Also, bring pins, practice fabric and your sewing machine if you can.  And ask around to see if anyone knows some good tips and tricks for successful zippers.

Now go out there and finish something!  ANYTHING!  and then blog us about it! k.

No comments:

Post a Comment