Sunday, September 5, 2010

September's Dare: Embellish

To start off with something easy, this month's challenge is to explore a new technique or product for embellishing.  You may apply this challenge to something ready-made or incorporate it in to another sewing project you have planned.

In case you are stuck for ideas (although I suspect that every last one of you <so far only Carolyn...hehe> already knows exactly what you have been contemplating...but not justifying...trying out!) here are a few I thought of...... (add your brainstorms by comment to this post.)

Embroidery of all kinds: silk ribbon, machine, decorative stitches on your machine, needlepunch (which I tried for the first time this summer :)

Applied decoration: beads, rhinestones, fabric applique's, jewelry findings, nailheads.  (You know, on the 5th floor of Dongdaemun.....)

The secret is to explore some new idea, try something new.  Once you have tried it out (success or not), be sure to post your adventures so we can learn together.

The physical meeting will be held October 4 at my (k.) house.  We will discuss how we will go forward from there with the "meeting part."   The October Dare will be issued on that day as well (and I promise to post it right away in case you can't make it.)

Blog posts should all be up before the meeting, but can be posted throughout the month-long dare.  You aren't restricted to only one, that is more of an "at least" guideline.  If you don't know how to post/upload pics etc, please let me know and I can talk you through it.  You should also feel free to post links to techniques/ideas that you like from other sources.  Be sure to give appropriate credit when posting the work of others (and get permission if you can.)  Be sure to include appropriate "labels" for your post: the month, the dare, your name (or initials) and pertinent keywords for what you tried.  That way, 6 months from now when you need remember how to do that beading technique, or you can't remember who has the wool-felting tools, you can look it up by keyword in the archives.

Me?  I think I may use some of the 40,000 nailheads I bought, or maybe I will do some eyelets with my new setter.  (In case you were wondering, I have the supplies for all sorts of things......go ahead, ask.  I bet I have it....oh, except for a hot fix gun for rhinestones. hehehe) k.

No comments:

Post a Comment