Sunday, September 12, 2010

Heeeeere's ....... Joanna



I, too have grown up around sewing. My mom and my grandmother both sew. My mom would make us clothes including prom and homecoming dresses. She even made my wedding dress (and hand beaded the top) even though she only had about 2 months to do it. When I was about 12, I decided that I wanted to learn how to sew, so my mom gave me a pattern and told me to make it. Before I got married, I didn't really sew, except to mend things, or if there was some sort of activity that involved sewing. After I had kids, I decided that I wanted to make pajamas for them for Christmas since that was a tradition that my mom did for us. I have since made dresses and pajamas for them. My latest being Savannah's and Aubrey's baptism dresses. I haven't tried very many techniques (with zippers being my kryptonite), so this should be a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment