Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Completed!

After the meeting when I issued the dare, I went to my office and made up a list of things that ought to be completed.  The list was VERY long.  Very long.

When the month was over I had accomplished a surprising amount.  Not a LOT of what I had written....that list remains long and will probably always be...but a lot of productive work none the less.  Here it is in no particular order.....
This small panel of flowers was put together back when Cursed Quilt did  hexagons and by behest.  You can see that these AREN'T hexagons but go together with the same technique.  I have a little template set that I bought and used up bits of a jelly roll of solids.  As an exploration it was productive but then just sat around as it is both an odd size and an odd shape.  For Completion, I decided on borders and an eventual home: my Mother-in-Law's house as Christmas Present.  I love the way it turned out with a few exceptions I will NOT mention. ;)

Here are a few of the flower center details that I like.  All in all, a pleasing completion and one fewer thing in my multiple work boxes!



I also finished the "Presentation Cases" (which are pillowcases, really) for our Quilts of Valor which are nearly ready for sending out!  WooHoo.

I also made a variety of other pillowcases (with help from Nicole and Karen) that got sent off for donation.  31 in all not counting the QofV ones.  I hope they find good homes.

Now the last thing I have to report is that this Dare has done what nothing else has been able to do in more than a year....get me back to WORK.  Here is a pictorial (and not a good one at that) of what I accomplished in the month...a work that continues, I am pleased to report.


10 Dresses, all new draft or first check patterns (plus a skirt and top.) In the pattern pic, the top row are checks, the middle are new drafts during the month and the bottom are new drafts since the end of the month to show how the work continues. I will post the dresses on my blog someday soon so you can see the details (and prices) but since the Holidays are upon us, I think that can wait. Besides, I have a quilt to bind, a pattern to check and at least two more designs to draft! (And I have already put in one zipper for December!) k.

No comments:

Post a Comment